Tuesday, June 29, 2010

burritastrophe

Apparently, now I'm addicted to complaining about products that make me sad.



To Whom it May Concern,


Your fat free tortillas stick together. I don't know if this is just the fat free ones or a fluke or what. I didn't have this problem with the regular (not fat free) ones but again, I don't know if that means anything.


What I purchased was a solid block of tortilla. Prying them apart was useless, the centers cemented together to form an indistinguishable core of tortilla-ness. I tried heating the tortilla pile, to get them to come apart, but it was useless, only making it worse. In the end I pulled off the outside parts and then used bits of other parts to cover the hole in the center. It was a sad patchwork held together with cheese and beans that, once heated further, caused a break in the tortilla structure that melted through and attached my lunch to the plate. 


This was a catastrophic day for burritos. A burritastrophe, if you will. I ate it anyways, but there were tears in my eyes and not with the usual grace one associates with burrito consumption. 


Just thought I'd let you know. 


-Adriana

No comments: